On April 17, 2020, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced that Canada’s six regional development agencies (RDAs) would deliver $962 million in financial support to small-and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) that are unable to access other federal COVID-19 relief measures.
The Regional Relief and Recovery Fund (RRRF) provides financial contributions (interest-free loans) to help support fixed operating costs of SMEs, where business revenues have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The RRRF seeks to provide support to Ontario small and medium sized businesses that do not qualify for, or have not been able to receive funding from current Government of Canada COVID-19 relief measures.
****Note: In order to apply for the RRRF Program through the Centre For Business, businesses must be located in the following area(s): Towns of Collingwood, Wasaga Beach, Blue Mountains, Meaford, Township of Clearview and in Dufferin County, the Towns of Orangeville, Shelburne, Mono, Grand Valley, and Townships of Mulmur, Melancthon, Amaranth, East Garafraxa.
Click here to apply for the RRRF program. Once you have set up your account, select the Regional Relief and Recovery Fund from the list of loan program options.
- Maximum assistance for the Emergency Loan Fund under this program is $40,000*
* credit check is required
- 0.00% interest rate and no principal payments until December 31, 2022.
- Principal repayments can be voluntarily made at any time.
- 25% (not to exceed $10,000) of any loan can be forgiven provided the recipient has paid 75% of the original loan amount prior to December 31, 2022.
- If the recipient is unable to repay the loan by December 31, 2022, the loan will be converted to a three-year term loan with interest rates up to 5%, effective January 1, 2023. The full balance must be repaid no later than December 31, 2025.
The Centre For Business is here to help. Please contact our office if you have any questions. You can also access additional COVID-19 resources and book a consultation to speak with one of our business consultants.
Funding available through FedDev Ontario
FedDev Ontario is delivering $213 million in funding support to SMEs impacted by COVID-19 that do not qualify for, or have been declined for, current Government of Canada COVID-19 relief measures. For the RRRF funding provided directly by FedDev Ontario, priority may be given to SMEs that fall within the manufacturing, technology, tourism and other sectors key to the region, that are major employers in small communities, or that support the government’s commitment to underrepresented groups.
Should you be interested in a loan of $40,000 or more and meet the following eligibility criteria, you may wish to apply to FedDev Ontario for direct funding.
Eligible applicants must:
- Be a Canadian or provincially incorporated business, co-operative or an Indigenous-owned business located in southern Ontario with 1 to 499 full-time equivalent employees;
- Be facing funding pressures with fixed operating costs as a result of COVID-19;
- Have been a viable business before the COVID-19 pandemic and plan to continue to operate their business or resume operations.
- Have already applied to other Government of Canada emergency credit relief measures for which they are eligible, as outlined in the program guidelines.
Please note: Applicants will not receive RRRF assistance from both their local CFDC and FedDev Ontario. Review the program guidelines to see which stream is right for you contact the Centre For Business if you have any questions before applying.