Your Business Plan is the first step in realizing your dream. This is where entrepreneurs put their best ideas forward, check them for feasibility, and create a realistic plan to give their business the best chance of success. Whether you’re starting a new venture, buying an existing business or expanding your operation, your Business Plan is the roadmap that takes you from where you are now to where you want to be in the future. With a complete Business Plan, you are eligible to make a loan application at the Centre For Business and at most lending institutions.
A typical Business Plan includes:
- Cover page
- Executive Summary
- Table of Contents
- Company Profile
- Description of Product or Service and the Industry
- Sales and Marketing Plan
- Operation Plan
- Financial Plan
- References and Support Data
Ten Good Reasons to Do a Business Plan
- It’s a blueprint for building or expanding your business
- It’s a touchstone for keeping you focused and on track
- It’s a benchmark for measuring your progress with projected success
- It’s proof of your credibility to lenders and investors
- It’s a planning tool for allocating the proper resources and getting the types of support you need
- It’s a process for discovering key issues and challenges that you need to address before they negatively affect your business
- It’s a framework for forecasting and budgeting
- It makes your objectives and goals crystal clear
- It identifies competitors, threats and opportunities
- It defines how you’re going to operate and market your business
The business that fails to plan, plans to fail. The business plan is paramount to the successful operation of any business. A written document that describes all aspects of your business venture, the Business Plan provides you with a guide to success.
Writing Your Business Plan
If you’re ready to start:
View our Business Plan Template
Download our two year Business Plan Financials Spreadsheet.
Drop in to the Centre For Business for your complimentary business start-up package and business plan guidelines. If you are having difficulty with your business plan the Centre For Business offers advice and support in the development of business plans/proposals, marketing plans, financial projections and management procedures. Call us at 705-445-8410 for an appointment.