Business Development Officer / Loans Officer– Full Time
The Centre For Business and Economic Development is a federally supported not-for-profit organization with a mandate to promote business development, job creation and to strengthen the rural economy.
We seek an experienced professional with strong financial analysis proficiency, business counselling ability, exceptional interpersonal skills and strong proficiency on multiple computer programs.
This position involves counselling small business owners and individuals looking to start a business. The position also requires review, analysis, and assessment of loan applications for consideration by the Investment Review Committee of the Board, as well as the implementation of the loans and ongoing management of the existing portfolio.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in business, commerce or finance, or equivalent work experience;
- Excellent financial analysis, problem solving and customer service skills
- Minimum three years’ experience in business loan management, including preparation of security documents and working knowledge of the Personal Property Security Act;
- Minimum three years’ experience providing business counselling, financial analysis and business plan assessment;
- Aptitude to problem solve and pay close attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team while consistently presenting a professional attitude and demonstrating excellent interpersonal skills, communications skills, sound judgment and strict confidentiality;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and the ability to learn loan management software;
- Public speaking experience and ability to liaise with relevant organizations
- Reasonable knowledge of areas served by the Centre For Business, its business sectors and available small business information, programs and services;
- Valid driver’s license and vehicle for required travel;
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with budgeting and office administration
A full job description can be found here: Business Development Officer / Loans Officer
Salary Range: $50,000-$54,000 + Benefits
Qualified applicants please submit resumes and cover letter by 4:30 p.m. June 22, 2018 to:
Gillian Fairley, General Manager at email@example.com
Thank you for your interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.